I'm still out in the sticks dog sitting with Jen and we've got no TV and we're in an unfamiliar house. Thank God for our laptops and my cousin's wifi connection.
Is there much surfing in Germany? This is from the archive at WFMU. This one's for you, Kacia. It's the Beach Boys, singing in German. This kinda makes me want to see a clip of Beach Blanket Bingo dubbed in to German.
It's good to know that there are still bands influenced by the Smiths out there. It's even better to know that they're called Math and Physics Club. There's a math AND PHYSICS club? Why was I not alerted? Anyhow, here's song of theirs called "Graduation Day"
American Music Club was one of the great unknown bands of the late 80's early 90's that never really made it. Maybe it's because they sounded like an outfit that would let you buy 11 of their cassettes for a penny, but then send you a new tape every month in perpetuity and charge you 17.97 a month. Anyhow, after 10 years in the wilderness, they're back with a new album. This track is called "Another Morning"
This is my favorite mash up of the moment. It's Christina Aguilera (in the pre-Dirrrrty era) over a Velvet Underground track, with a little bit of a Communards track over the fade out. When Jen and I were in Houston visiting Will, we couldn't stop saying, "I couldn't get Christina to wear no panties, so I spray painted her po-po red." (Long story, really.) This is a well made mix by Go Home Productions in England. Here's the supremely awkwardly titled "Girl Wants (To Say Goodbye To) Rock and Roll"
I'll bet that Andrew Vincent of Andrew Vincent and the Pirates, was in the math and physics club in high school too. Here's the very Postal Service-ish cover of the Beasties' "Paul Revere"
OK, that's the show for today. I'll be back at some other irregularly scheduled time with more music for you. This is Radio Nervda. Thank you, good night.
1 comment:
Wow. Beach Boys in German. That's um...really something. It sounds like they're singing really slowly because they can't quite get the hang of the German. And their enunciation is poor enough that I can't understand anything except the chorus! )I have to admit that I had A Prairie Home Companion on in the background while listening to it, so I might have done better if it had my full attention, but still.)
--Kacia
Post a Comment