Today is my last workday without having to go to work. It's been a harrowing process at times. I've never had the kind of pressure to find a job like this. It's a totally different story when you're married and have a baby on the way. Somehow, it all worked out perfectly. My health care coverage from the last job ends on February 28th. The new coverage starts on that same date. No need for gap coverage. I missed one pay period, but made up for it with nearly two weeks of vacation pay.
I have no idea how it all worked out for the better, but it has. Jen and I must have good karma built up over the years.
For the first time ever, I will actually be paying attention during the benefits section of the new employee orientation. I hope they don't start talking about the TPS cover sheets right away.
Looks like a snow day here already. I'll probably spend the day digging out the car and just goofing off. Oh, how I'll miss that.
2.25.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment