2.01.2005

Mono no more


Mono no more, originally uploaded by nervda.

Jen and I were out running some errands today, when we stopped in at the hair salon to set up an appointment for our friend Y. Jen's trying to get him to get a more stylish haircut, and he's the type who's never paid more than 10 dollars for a haircut.

Anyhow, Jen's stylist was originally my stylist, but I don't see her anymore, as I cut my hair myself these days. But it was nice to chat for a bit. All of a sudden, Jen mentions that it might be nice if I got my eyebrow waxed. The stylists jumped on this and gently persuaded me to separate the longtime Siamese twins that are my eyebrows.

After a bit of wax and plucking, I've got two eyebrows for the first time in memory. The waxing didn't hurt as much as they make it seem in the movies. But then again, I run marathons and do kung fu. What's half a second of pain compared to a four hour run?

I'm still getting used to the new look. Now there are two caterpillars, as a opposed to one. And the lesson to be learned here is that Jen loves the male makeover. Consider yourself warned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more unibrow? Now what are we going to make fun of??! Oh wait, there's always the sneezing-on-the-presents incident... ;)
--Kacia

Anonymous said...

and here I was going to be nice...

Willy

Anonymous said...

Bert becomes Ernie.... Look how your ears stick out! ;)

No, I like it. Welcome to metro world!

----Wendy