I had a rough night of sleep last night. I was very anxious about my first day of work. I kept waking up. It just didn't feel real until I got to the office and found my desk. I got there before the office opened, and I had to hitch a ride up with people just coming in from the parking garage.
My new cubicle has 6 foot tall grey fabric walls. It's a very quiet office, but the best part is the back wall of my cube is a window! Granted, it's a view of the parking lot and high tension power lines, but those lines are on a hillside. I think I'm going to start parking the car where I can see it.
This place still has some of the old dotcom boom year remnants. The soda machines are free. (I tracked down the machine with the Fresca.) Free breakfast is provided every morning, and there's the ubiquitous foosball, pool and ping pong tables.
2.28.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, not so bad! I wish I had a window! Congrats again on the job. Hope that Day 2 is treating you well.
--Kacia
Post a Comment