2.27.2005

The Oscars

I'm not really gonna blog the Oscars. I just don't care about the nominated movies. Somehow the Academy almost completely ignored Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I guess all I really care about is Chris Rock's opening monologue. What's the over/under of the first f-bomb?

The only nominated film that I saw was Ray. It was ok, but it's like a TV biopic. Ray's life is hard to contain in a two hour movie.

It's nice to see Don Cheadle get some recognition for his work. I love this guy. Of course, I'll root for anyone who was in Boogie Nights.

I just noticed that 4 of the 5 nominees for best actor played real people: Johnny Depp's J.M. Barrie, Leonardo DiCaprio's Howard Hughes, Jamie Foxx's Ray Charles, and Don Cheadle as Paul Rusesabagina (I had to look that one up). Of course, Clint Eastwood's just sort of playing himself. That has to be some sort of record, right?

C'mon Rock, give me something to write about. He busted out "asses" in his first full sentence. You gotta love that.

Rock is just bashing everyone. Colin Ferrell, Michael Moore, Tobey Maguire, President Bush, and Jude Law. No singing, no dancing. Just Chris Rock going after the establishment. Will I remember any of these jokes next week? I doubt it. OK, I think I've already forgotten them. OK. I'm done. What's on ESPN?

No comments: