Last night, Jen and I were watching Fear Factor, when suddenly a man driving down Beacon St. with a bullhorn announces that the city of Boston has declared a snow emergency and anyone parked on Beacon needs to move their car or risk ticketing and towing. So I throw on my shoes and coat to move the Scion.
You gotta move fast before the other people on the same street find parking spots on the side streets. I ended up orbiting around a few blocks in the neighborhood with three other cars until I found a spot five blocks away. I didn't even realize what street I was on at first. The snow was coming down in small hard pellets at this point, so I ran home to minimize exposure.
This morning, it took me twenty minutes to dig out this morning. For some reason the plows stayed a good two feet away from our car. This left a huge chunk of snow between me and the clean road. It took me forever, since I'm a Florida boy, and in my years of being a Northerner, I never really drove. I gotta figure out all of the shovelling tricks.
The coolest snow moment was in my cubicle this morning. I managed to get a cube with a window for a back wall. It's near a L shape portion of the office building on the fifth floor. The swirling wind caused the snow to look like it was falling up. It's mesmerizing.
Somehow after of six winters in Boston, I can still find snow mesmerizing.
3.01.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment