8.11.2004

Wu Shu Nationals Countdown

This weekend, Jen and I are headed to Pittsburgh with some friends from the kung fu school to see the US National Chinese Martial Arts Championships. Two of our friends from the school are competing. I'd drive that far to see my favorite baseball team or football team in a big game, so why shouldn't I go see two guys I train with go for the gold?

As much as I love the Olympic sports, I can't bring myself to watch them on tv. The human interest stories are just too annoying for me. Just show me the sport will you? So instead of hearing about how so and so's mom drove her 45 minutes every morning a 5AM to train in a pool in a distant town before school, I'll be cheering on my friends, live. (And trying to steal a few moves for myself...)

No comments: