We're back from the US National Chinese Martial Arts Championships in Pittsburgh. Our friends at the Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Institute did very well:
Randy Brown:
Gold - Traditional Long Weapon: Spear
Gold - Traditional Bare Hand: Eagle Claw
Silver - Internal: Xing Yi Chuan
Bronze - Open Other Weapon: Monkey Staff
Will Preap:
Silver - Contemporary Straight Sword
4th Place - Open Barehand: Mantis
I'm very proud to train with these guys. Will's an enthusiastic guy and I think he's talked me into trying to compete in this tournament next year. It will be a lot of work, but I know how it works for me. I'll train so much harder with a goal in front of me. After training for a marathon, nothing seems particularly daunting anymore.
After seeing so many great competitors, I'm ready to train like a madman. The group of us were practically doing jump kicks in the parking lot outside the venue.
Lots of pictures and video to come when I get some time blocked off to transfer all the files.
8.16.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment