8.13.2004

Driving all night

We arrived in Pittsburgh at 7AM today, after leaving Boston at 8PM last night. I got to drive the 10:30 to 2:30 shift mostly through towns I never heard of in New Jersey. It was raining very hard in spots, but we're here safe and sound.

I pulled over at a Stuckey's somewhere in Pennsylvania to switch drivers. As a child travelling with my family, I'd always beg and plead for someone to buy me a pecan log at the Stuckey's. They still have pecan logs there: likely the exact same ones from 1978. Will pointed out to me that they looked like antique food. Antique, probably; food, hardly. It felt like we had travelled through time back to 1988 anyhow, as they still sold Steve Guttenberg movies on VHS there.

Anyhow, it's about time to wake up and get some lunch and get Will registered for tomorrow's competition.

No comments: