6.17.2004

New Music: Midlake

One of my new aims is to turn people on to new music, movies and books. I've reached a point in my life where the new culture that is marketed toward me just isn't cutting it. You've probably experienced this too. So with that in mind, I present to you Midlake.

They're a wobbly circus version of a rock band. Psychedlic and fun. A bit like the Flaming Lips getting drunk and making out with Thom Yorke.

It's a bit difficult to find their new CD: Bamnan and Slivercork. I bought the only copy in the Virgin Megastore in Boston. But you can order from their website and for those of you who go to Sam's Club to eat all the samples, there's MP3 files to download. (You know who you are. You crave mini-cannoli and those little spinach quiches that come 144 in a box.) I strongly suggest "Balloon Maker."

Is there new music that you're finding and want to share with the world? Leave a comment.

No comments: