Michael Moore does not make documentaries. His films are op-ed pieces. Make no mistake, Moore has his agenda and is relentless in getting his point across. The question is, are you open enough to listen to the facts behind his opinions?
I don't think the film will change the minds of any Republican loyalists. I'm a member of the choir that Moore sings to. I have to wonder what impact this film has on undecideds and fence sitters.
Moore understands how to make an emotional impact. His treatment of the 9/11 attacks is brilliant. He shows us a black screen, while giving us the sounds of the jet planes and sirens. He doesn't feel the need to show us, because he knows we're all seeing that replay that we can't ever get out of our minds.
It's a heartbreaking, inflammatory, brilliant film. Go see it. Now.
6.29.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment