6.24.2004

Countdown to the Mermaid Parade

Summer's here and that means a couple of things to me: the sun is up at 4:30, I get to practice kung fu outdoors with the school until 8:30, and the Mermaid Parade is coming up this weekend!

What is the Mermaid Parade you ask? It's a celebration of summer at Coney Island in Brooklyn. People dress up as mermaids, and sea creatures and parade through the streets down to the ocean. Jen and I will be participating again this year with our friends the Wet Dream Tank. We miss them, as we're all the way up here in Boston these days.

I feel bad, as I never get to pitch in during construction and design as much as I'd like. I'm not sure what we're gonna look like, but I know it's going to be fabulous, and I'll be wearing a lot of blue. I'm sure Scott and I will have at least one Zoolanderesque "MerMAN, Dad! MerMAN" exchange.

I'll post pictures on Monday. Here are my pictures from last year.



No comments: