Jen and I are headed out to NYC this afternoon for the weekend. Surprisingly, we're not taking the legendary Fung Wah Chinatown bus. The world doesn't revolve around Boston and New York, despite what the media seems to imply. I forget that sometimes.
Anyhow, Fung Wah is one of the $10 buses from Boston to NYC. It goes from Chinatown to Chinatown. No fancy bus stations for us, thank you. Jen and I used to ride it a lot when she was living down there. I've been on rides where the driver spoke on his cell phone loudly in Chinese the entire 4 hours. (He was obsessing about detailing his car.)
For years, these buses were like urban legends. Everyone had heard about them, but nobody had ever been on one. But now like everything else New York, they've come from hip to overexposed and burned out. Sorta like the Strokes.
Now the buses are too crowded people on them expect way too much for their 10 dollars. Listen Missy, bathrooms are gonna be crappy on a $10 bus. Plus, it saves me time to take the Greyhound station right next door to my office, as I don't have to take the train 40 minutes back into Chinatown.
Anyhow, have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday, kids.
6.25.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment