It's very late, and I would love to sleep, but I can't. The streets are exploding with car horns and happy screams. You see, the Red Sox have managed to win 4 straight games to beat the hated Yankees in the ALCS.
Jen and I are very happy for her baseball boyfriend, Johnny Damon, who snapped out of a horrific slump by hitting two home runs and driving in six runs.
I'm beginning to wonder if they'll still be outside screaming tomorrow morning when I leave for work. We live about a mile down the street from Fenway Park. This is much louder and wilder than either time the Patriots won the Super Bowl. I wonder if it will be like this if John Kerry wins in a few weeks. I'd like to think so.
I've been a Sox fan since birth. I'm happy, but there's still another series to win. At least I hope so. The audio clip below is a recording of some of the chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment