10.07.2004

A Call to Arms

So I want to start a new project that combines two of my passions: music and group blogs. The idea is to have people write stories about their life based around songs. I'm trying to figure out how to host the music so that readers like you can hear the song for yourself.

Stumbling around the web this morning I found www.radioblogclub.com, but I can't figure out exactly what the hell it does or how it does it. Anybody got a clue about this? It looks like it's in a "coming back soon" mode. (Much like my old group blog: Thunk. For anyone wondering, I don't think Thunk is coming back. I could change my mind, though.) Does anyone know any other good ways to point to music, I really don't feel like ripping and hosting the music on my own servers.

For those of you with a need for a music fix, without some boring story about me walking around on a brisk autumn day in the parking lot of the Best Buy that's built in an abandoned Sears with my iPod and random play, jumping three feet in the air when a creepy carousel song from this year's Mermaid Parade comes on and then being brought back to a happy happy earth when a lovely Bishop Allen song comes on, here's a lovely Bishop Allen song called "Things Are What You Make of Them". Go buy their records. They'd buy yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will, just found your blog. An idea for music: if you want to be all "legal" and stuff and the songs are available on iTunes, you can link directly, they now have an affiliate program. http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/
People will have to pay for the whole song, but they do have 30 sec previews, and you would get a kick back on sales, which is good :)
See you at kung fu.
-Bekah