It must be autumn here, as the leaves are changing, my coats come out of storage and the Red Sox are breaking our hearts.
After falling behind 2-0 in the ALCS against the hated Yankees, the Red Sox returned to Fenway on Saturday night. Jen and I had a party with a bunch of friends to watch. It was our first time hosting as a married couple. Well, Jen did most of the hosting. She's the best.
As for the Sox pitching on Saturday, they were the worst. They managed to give up 19 runs and fall behind 3-0. Fortunately, nobody at the party was an angry drunk. Oh well, there goes the season, we said. I hope the Astros or Cards whoop them, we said.
Jen and I didn't watch much of the game on Sunday. I couldn't take the disappointment. I went to bed early, hoping for the best. And at 1:33 this morning, I heard it. The people on my street started screaming and yelling happily. We must have won in extra innings, I thought to myself. I dragged myself into the other room and found that it was true. I fell back asleep and hoped it wasn't a dream.
So the Sox live on to torture us another day. I hope they get to torture all the way until Halloween. Go Sox.
No comments:
Post a Comment