Jen and I ran the Boston Half Marathon with our friends from New York: Irena and Priscilla. We had an awesome day for a race with temperatures in the 60's. We all set personal records. Jen and Priscilla ran together for most of the race until Jen's patented finishing kick appeared in the last 0.1 of a mile. Jen finished at 2:21:56 and Priscilla at 2:21:59.
Irena and I ran the first 9 miles together. She set the pace early but ran out of gas around mile 9 and gave me the green light to run at my pace. I ran an insane last four miles. My last 5K of the race was 24:54, which is my second fastest 5K ever, and somehow I ran it at the end of a half marathon! Irena finished with 2:09:52 and I crossed the line at 2:03:28.
I reached my personal goal of finishing in less than double the time of the winner. I almost reached the 2:00 mark, that was my secondary goal. The next half marathon will be in Houston with my old pal Willis D. After that, it'll be the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. next fall. I can't wait.
10.10.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment