- Am I remembering it wrong, or does Thomas Dolby look like Alton Brown? Must look in to this.
- Doesn't the name "Simon Le Bon" sound like an old French king? Like there was a "Simon Le Mal" and they had to differentiate them?
- Listening to this CD is like living a K-Tel compliation commerical. A song comes on for a few seconds, I conjure up an image of the music video in my mind, then the artist and title scroll past. If it's not a song I like, I skip to the next track and it all starts again.
- Does anyone remember what Survivor looked like? I can only conjure images from Rocky III. I recently saw a Starbucks commerical that used "Eye of the Tiger" that had a band following people around getting them psyched up by playing a customized version of the song for them. Anyone know if that was really Survivor, or it was just central casting?
- Dammit! I thought I'd erased all of the Air Supply from my mind.
- Why do I remember so much music from when I was 10 years old? The Chickpea's gonna know the songs of 2015 way too well.
- The song "The Girl Is Mine" cracks me up. Mostly for the line "I'm a lover, not a fighter." But let's think about this for a second. What woman would be interesting in Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson at the same time today? At this point, wouldn't any woman say, "Listen, Michael, we can still be friends. Paul and I are moving in together."
- I'd nearly forgotten about the Frieda song "There's Something Going On" That's on me. Sorry about that, Freeds. That song rocks.
- It always sounded like "Jacques, le monkey" to me.
p.s. Maybe they don't look that much alike...
5.04.2005
Notes on music of 1982
Our pals Joe and Leslie stayed with us the other night on there 1/2 cross country drive from Chicago to the east coast. Joe brought us a ton of MP3s from the 80's on CD-R. We both own Scions which play these sort of discs. So yesterday, I took the long way to work and cranked some great old songs from the 1982 disc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks again for letting us crash there!
Post a Comment