5.04.2005
Hail to the Chief
It's easy to fall into patterns. I park in the same spot in the garage every morning at 7:55. Every morning, I walk by the same navy blue Hyundai SCoupe with an empty Poland Spring bottle and metro Boston street atlas in the tiny back seat, parked end first waiting to bolt home 9 hours later. And every morning, I notice that the car was purchased at President Hyundai and I think it'd be funny to write a short story about Dylan Fong, who runs President Hyundai, which was founded by his grandfather in 1975. His grandfather though Fong Ford/Lincoln/Mercury sounded too foreign for the good people of New Hampshire, so he called it President Ford and President Lincoln/Mercury. But over the years, the market changed and expanded, which is how we ended up with President Hyundai and President Saturn. But then I get in the elevator and the story never gets much further than that. This is the closest I may get to writing that story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment