5.18.2005

Siteseeing in my dreams

I've been waking up the past few nights with allergy problems. I've been getting up later and later in the cycle. It was 1:29 the first night, 2:45 the next, 3:30 and finally today, 4:40. That's late enough for me to say, "Screw it. Just get up and get on with your day."

I was having a weird dream, where Jen and I are touring the Northeast driving to these remote towns where they have drawbridges where they play controversal songs continously. Jen is excited to go to the Sinead O'Connor bridge. "The Emperor's New Clothes" is playing on the green metal span above a colorful autumn valley. She's here for tearing the Pope's picture on TV.

The next bridge is over a railroad in an industrial downtown. It's a song called, "Knit Slacks" It sounds like a lost B-52s song from the Bouncing Off the Satellites era. "KNIT! (spidery guitar riff) SLACKS!" I have no idea why this song is such a troublemaker, but it's weirdly enjoyable.

Our next destination is the pie factory outlet. It's filled with irregular pies at a deep discount. I open a box that holds a broken pecan pie, when I wake up stuffed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. My allergies kicked in hardcore this morning. My dreams were all aboud dragons though, mostly because I'm reading a dragon magic book right now...but still, stupid allergies!