4.24.2005

Ramble in the Rain

It was cold and rainy at the James Joyce Ramble this year. Stupidly, I wore a white race shirt, thus making for basically a 10K wet t-shirt contest. Not pretty. You can see for yourself at this link from Jim Rhoades and Cool Running. I'm shocked that that gut and those legs are on the same body, much less on my body. I gotta do more sit-ups. I despite the lack of serious training, wind and rain, I set a new 10K record for myself. I'm pleased with the results, if not the picture.

All joking aside, each runner was assigned the name of a solider who was killed in the Iraq War. I ran in memory of John D. Amos II of Valapriso IN. He was 22 years old and killed by an insurgent's bomb last year. I wish you were still around to make that billion dollars for your mom. I hope all of military personnel come home safe.

1 comment:

Blondie said...

Um. Belly looks drrrty a la Christina Aguilara. I'm gonna get the stylist to spray paint it red.