12.24.2004

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve yo. Sorry for getting a little fake street sound there. You get like that when you hang out long enough with the Jess. It doesn't really feel like Christmas to me yet, but then again, I have spent the last 28 Christmas Days in Florida. White Christmas? You mean beach sand, right?

Jen and I are having our first Christmas as a married couple here in Boston. We've put up the traditional Christmas rosemary bush, as you can see on the right. It's gonna take us all morning to open the presents. Then we're going to have some friends over for dinner and wassail and have figgy pudding, or whatever it is they do in those songs.

Despite being a lame duck at work, I'm actually working right now in case some nutjob decides that they need technical support at 3 in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. They can terminate me, but they can never say that I didn't step up and take on the crap tasks.

For your holiday enjoyment, here are some links to seasonal tunes:

Tijuana Xmas
This is awesome peppy early 60's Mexican horns arrangments of Christmas tunes. You MUST check out "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

"Fairytale of New York" by Pilate
This is a cover of one of my favorite Pogues songs ever. "You're bum. You're a punk." "You're an old slut on junk." "Happy Christmas, your arse, I pray God it's our last."

But it turns around. "You took my dreams from me, when I first found you." "I took them with, babe. I kept them with my own. Can't make it all alone. I've built my dreams around you."

No comments: