Ah, love in the time of the answering machine. It's a bygone era and we hardly noticed. Everyone has voice mail now, right? Are there kids growing up wondering what Westerberg is talking about when he says, "How do you say I miss you, to an answering machine?" The song may as well be called "Mimeograph"
"Singles" was on TV last night and I saw a corded phone with the curly handset wire and all. This movie was made in 1992. How can it seem out dated technologically? I guess we're moving forward pretty damn quickly.
How many zany movie scene would be lost if the two parties searching frantically for each other could just pick up the cell phone. Do kids even know what's going on in a movie when a phone actually rings with a bell, instead of with some electronic tones?
Man, I sound crotchety early in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment