7.11.2005

Moved in

I'm so happy to have friends that aren't afraid of physical labor. In a scant two hours, a crew of 12 moved Jen and I (and the Chickpea) down four flights of stairs into a rental truck and down to the new house. I want to thank all of them for their relentless effort and ingenious methods of shoving a boxspring up the narrow stairs at the new place. You guys rock and we owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

The house is still mostly in boxes. The Chickpea's room is mostly set up and our bedroom is not too far off. The downstairs looks like the warehouse full of boxes at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'd take a picture, but I don't know where my camera is. (Probably in a box, with the Ark.)

My proudest moment as a homeowner came while ordering pizza the other night. The guy asked me, "What apartment number?" I said, "It's a single family home." Actually, I'm prouder of the "family" part. Chickpea, it's ok to come out now. We're in your home.

No comments: