Wow. It seems like a long time since I was able to sit down at a computer. Wednesday, we closed on the house. We had a very quick walkthrough with the old owners of the house and had the 7 keys to the place explained to us. I'm gonna have to get a Palm Pilot to carry around with me to keep it all straight. Which lock do I wiggle? Which one turns the opposite way?
After signing what seemed like 100 sheets of paper, our lawyers declared us real and actual homeowners. We drove back to the rental and rounded up the first batch of boxes (mostly the Chickpea's stuff). With YM's help, we loaded up the Scion and drove to the new Pussycat Assassins World HQ.
We're going to be moving slowly over the next week, with a large crew of friends helping out next Saturday, the 9th to get all the big heavy things. This transitional phase is always weird. Anytime you reference "home" you have to clarify which one you mean. Jen always means the new place. As for me, I'm not sure which I mean when I say it. Maybe "home" is somewhere in the 1.5 miles in between.
7.01.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment