5.25.2008

Before and After



Summer's finally here. A friend of mine and I are challenging each other to a summertime physical transformation. I've got a couple of different goals for this summer and I'm going to blog them. It'll be a way for me to be accountable for my activity.

Goal #1: To get my weight under 185 pounds. That's a great milestone weight for me. That's what I weighed when I finished high school. As an adult, I've reached that weight one other time, in the fall of 2004.

I'm back on Weight Watchers, tracking my daily food intake. I've also really stepped up my workouts. I'll write separate entries about some of my new workouts as part of the process.

I started out the challenge weighing 207 pounds. That was three weeks ago. This morning, I weighed 201. I'm moving in the right direction.

Anyhow, that picture above is of me starting out the Team Hoyt 5K last Thursday night. I look so composed.

The picture below is me at the finish line. I look decomposed:



Two quick things to note. That's Jasper chasing me in! You can see his hand and shoe just off of my right hip. Number two, I'm actually airborne. Sweet.

No comments: