The only workout that I do daily at this point is doing 100 pushups. That's it. That's the whole workout. It doesn't matter what type, or how many reps per set. Just get 100 done every 24 hours.
I made this my new year's resolution this year, to make it through one year with 100 pushups per day. This is an excuse proof resolution. You don't need to go to gym. All you need is a floor.
I was talking with my cousin the other day and he said that he hadn't worked out when he was working in London last year, as the gym was too expensive for him. I said, "Pushups are free, bitch."
I'm trying to do as much working out as possible with as little equipment as possible. This crazy pushup idea really got me moving down this path. Check out bodyweightculture.com for lots of amazing workouts that you can do without any special equipment.
I've had this resolution before. I kept it up all the way through 2002. I'm not really sure why I stopped. It's an easy thing to implement and gives really great results.
If you're thinking of starting this program, pick three times a day that you can devote to doing pushups. Here's an example program:
On a Sunday, test yourself and see how many pushups you can do in one set. Let's say that this number is 20. Your set for the week will be half of this number. So every time you do a set, do 10 pushups. Do as many sets as necessary to reach 100.
Every morning, do as many sets of your target number as it takes to get to 50. Do it again when get ready for bed.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
5.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment