I will be appearing on Jeopardy this Thursday night. Check your local listings for station and time. At the very least, you'll get a kick out of turning on your TV and shouting, "I know that guy!"
That actually happened to me a few weeks ago. If you follow Jeopardy, you know that recently, for the very first time there was a three way tie for first. The guy in the middle position was Jamey Kirby. I KNOW THAT GUY! Way back in 1991, we were on a quiz bowl team that represented the state of Florida in a national competition. He was much faster on the trigger than I was. He was one of the alpha dogs on the team and I was the benchwarmer. A few years later we ended up living on the same floor at East Hall at the University of Florida.
If you think it's weird to hear your own voice on tape, imagine how weird it is to see yourself in HDTV. Man, am I glad I got my eyebrow waxed.
If you watched the clip, you'll notice that I don't claim Boston as my hometown. There were plenty of other people with Boston connections that week and I didn't feel the need to add to the Boston pile. Plus, it's not likely that there have been a lot of contestants from Vero Beach.
4.16.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I guess it's too late to wish you good luck, but I'll be rooting for you, anyway :-)
Post a Comment