die by the sword. In my Jeopardy experience that would be the absurdly large Final Jeopardy wager. After an absurdly competitive Double Jeopardy shootout, Everyone got stumped by the flag of Prince Edward Island. I'd wagered damn near everything, breaking every wagering rule. I just can't operate under the assumption that I might be wrong. It's absurd, but that's just what I'm like.
Here's my quick hits on the match:
Sandy is absurdly fast on the buzzer. I was very frustrated by her beating me to the punch time and time again.
LaDanian Thomlinson! He carried my fantasy football team this year. Gentlemen of the ZFL, consider this your moment in the spotlight. All hail Zod.
Wow, I know a lot more about the Old Testament than I thought. Lamentations? C'mon!
Watching at home, I didn't know the Sartre question. On TV, I did.
British Royalty? Another nightmare category for me.
Congrats to Laura. Well played wager. Sandy, I apologize for tailgating. You would have been a great champion.
Everyone loses at Jeopardy eventually. It's the nature of the game. I have no regrets about my adventure. It's cool to win. But it's been much cooler to share this with all of my friends and family over email, text message and phone over these past two days.
4.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joe taped it for me and I watched it on Sunday (he'd already watched). I was so excited when you won on Thursday's show and on Friday's show I couldn't believe the IRS lady (the fastest buzzer pusher east of the Mississippi)...anyway, Joe cracked up at the LT answer and said pretty much what you just said about your fantasy team...plus the Yankees questions, I cracked up at...yup, know thy enemy!
Anyway, great job out there, and it was really cool to know someone who was on Jeopardy :)
Post a Comment