I've been neglectful of writing actual prose on this blog lately. It must seem odd to regular visitors to just see tiny little slivers of poetry on a daily basis.
It's the year end, and I'd like to write about a few of the things about this last year that I found funny/interesting/weird/fascinating.
Is Dunkin Donuts running their new ads in every part of the country? If not, you may be missing out on some of the best ad jingles of all time. Somebody at the ad agency had the brilliant idea to hire They Might Be Giants to write a bunch of weird little songs for the campaign. I'm surprised it took this long. Anyone who knows TMBG knows that much of their output sounds like crazy jingles anyway. Find "Fingertips" on Apollo 18 for proof. The cherry on top? I think it's John Goodman providing the voiceovers!
I love the confused looks of the customers. Personally, I don't remember if the venti is bigger than the grande either. Stupid Fritalian! This ad is one that is most likely to make me buy coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Then again, I already do.
Disco! Yay! That and the guy who gets his arm stuck in the bus door. Yay, stuck in bus door guy!
This one is my favorite. This summer we drove through a lot of small towns in Maine and every town has it's own karate school, thus prompting the choruses of "And just one more time... Karate!" from Jen and I.
12.15.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooh, I miss American pop culture. Thanks for sharing the great commercials. I'll have to make reference to them when I go back so people won't think I'm an out of it foreigner.
X!ne
Post a Comment