This idea is stolen from the blog Emily Dickinson's Attic. Feel free to repurpose this for your ownself too. Put your media player onto shuffle, and let it answer the following questions for you:
How does the world see me?
”We Can Figure This Out” – Vulgar Boatmen. That's very optimistic of you, dear world.
Will I have a happy life?
”All We Have Is Now” – Flaming Lips. Spooky, but I think it's pretty true. I'm pretty happy now and anticipate on being happy later too.
What do my friends really think of me?
”Solitary Man” – Johnny Cash. You people are my friends? :)
Do people secretly lust after me?
”Sounds of Science” - Beastie Boys. I have no idea what that means.
How can I make myself happy?
"Two Headed Boy” – Neutral Milk Hotel. Nothing like a good freak show, is there?
What should I do with my life?
"Downtown Train” by Tom Waits. Jen probably loves the idea of moving back somewhere on the downtown train in Manhattan.
Will I ever have children?
"Dance Me To The End of Love” – Leonard Cohen. Cohen tells the truth about Jasper.
What is some good advice for me?
"The Late Greats” – Wilco. Hey, iPod? That's not a complete sentence.
How will I be remembered?
"Loquesto International Film Festival” – Mark Mothersbaugh. The documentary division, I'm sure.
What is my signature song?
"Time After Time” – Cyndi Lauper. Hm?
What type of men / women do I like?
"Undercover of the Night” – Rolling Stones. No comment.
What is my day going to be like?
"Watching the Detectives” – Elvis Costello. "She's filing her nails as they're dragging the lake."
What do I think my current theme song is?
"Napalm Brain” – DJ Shadow. That's about right.
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Special” by Garbage. Awww, thanks. That makes up for "Solitary Man."
What song will play at my funeral?
"Can You Fly?” – Freedy Johnston. I guess we'll find out the answer to that then.
5.16.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Boredom at work wins. Here's my list:
How does the world see me?
"Roxanne" - The Police
Umm...this is not a good start to this game...
Will I have a happy life?
"The Lord's Prayer (Offertorium)" from 'African Sanctus'
Huh?
What do my friends really think of me?
"Eight Days a Week" - The Beatles
Ain't got nothin' but love, babe!
Do people secretly lust after me?
"My Girl" - The Temptations
I guess they do, eh?
How can I make myself happy?
"Ghost" - Indigo Girls
"The Mississippi's mighty, but it starts in Minnesota..." --doing well so far. And "I would walk into the fingers of your fire, Willy Lee!"
What should I do with my life?
"Dear Prudence" - The Beatles
Won't you come out to play? Greet the brand new day! (Sounds good to me!)
Will I ever have children?
"The Hideout" - Sarah Harmer
Ambiguous lyrics on this one. Sounds like probably not ("But I don't care, it was so dry, the grass is happy and I think so am I"), but if so, then unexpectedly! ("After a quick rain came, so fast that there wasn't time to roll up the windows and pull the clothes down off the line.")
What is some good advice for me?
"Love Me Tender" - Elvis Presley
"I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time."
How will I be remembered?
"I Am Weary (Let Me Rest)" - The Cox Family (from the 'O Brother Where Art Thou' soundtrack)
Sounds about right!
What is my signature song?
"The Boxer" - Simon and Garfunkel
I've never thought of myself as the pugilistic type, but I do have a fondness for this song. It's not so much about boxing as it is about determination and a longing for what one wants the most. "I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains." I may have been beaten, but I'm not giving up!
What type of men / women do I like?
"Silver" - Carrie Newcomer
I love this song--it's about growing old with the one you love. "There is no good way of knowing, but if things keep going the way they're going, I will promise you once again, I will be with you and we'll be the best of friends."
What is my day going to be like?
"Garden of Simple" - Ani Difranco
"Some crazy fucker carved a sculpture out of butter, And propped it up in the middle of the bonanza breakfast bar, And I am stuffing toast and sausage into my pockets... We were standing in a garden, And I had a machine that made silence, It just sucked up the whole opinionated din"
I only wish my day were going to be that interesting!
What do I think my current theme song is?
"No Ha Parado de Llover" - Mana
Translation: "It Hasn't Stopped Raining". It's actually a lovelorn song about raining on his heart, but the title is pretty descriptive of recent weather in Minneapolis...
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Believe" - Franka Potente (from 'Run Lola Run')
This is one of the intense-techno-beat songs from Run Lola Run. Love it. "I don't believe in trouble, I don't believe in pain, I don't believe there's nothing left but running here again." Although anyone who knows me well knows that there hasn't been much running in my life lately--hopefully that will change as soon as I beat this !@#$&* cold--I'm itching to get out there again!
What song will play at my funeral?
"Enid" - Barenaked Ladies
"Enid, we never really knew each other anyway." I certainly hope that song doesn't sum up my life!
Post a Comment