4.17.2006

The World Cup of BBQ

The last few weekends, it's been nice enough to fire up the Weber kettle grill that my brother and sister-in-law got me for Christmas. Our backyard is undergoing a full transformation. Jen's been working hard to get new flowers, grass and herbs growing.

We're intent on having many get togethers at our house this summer, so we're starting to brew up themes. I'm excited for the World Cup of soccer in July. I want to have a BBQ on the day of the final match honoring the two countries that make it. In the last cup, it would have been Brazil and Germany. That would have been something: brats and rodizio. Jen's rooting for Argentina, for chimichurri. The possibilities are endless. USA v. South Korea? Pulled pork v. bulgogi! Spain v. Iran? Chorizo v. lamb kabobs. Man, this is going to be great. Granted, I love the Dutch team, but I wouldn't have a clue what to make.

No comments: