9.21.2005

Can Calgon take you away at 6AM? Do they have a shuttle bus?

Yesterday morning was, to put it mildly, a bit insane. Jasper woke us both up around 5:45 and was making all sorts of fuss to be fed. Jen then asks me to go make up a bottle of formula for him in the bathroom.

I don't turn on the lights in the hall, as I've done this three times a night for a while now, and on my way to the bathroom, I skid through cat poop. Yes, Roxy has left me and my bare feet a little present. I'm not sure if he's just jealous of Jasper and that he doesn't get as much attention anymore, or if he's just getting old. Anyhow, I make a horrified sound and yell "Cat poop!" back into the bedroom.

I jump in the tub to wash off, as I hear Jasper start to cry. I hurriedly mix up the formula and then rush back into the darkened bedroom. I toss the bottle into the bed like a live grenade and get downstairs to get the mop and bucket. By the time I get back upstairs, Jen says to me, "Where's the formula?" I guess she hadn't seen me toss into bed next to her.

I go inform Mr. Cat of the unacceptability of this situation and get started cleaning. After I've cleaned up the mess, Jen says to me, "You really released the bouquet of cat shit there." I am puzzled, as I believe I've got the situation under control.

After putting away the cleaning supplies, I come back into the bedroom to spend some quality time with Jasper. It is now that I realize that my lovely wife had not been smelling cat shit, but rather, fresh baby shit. This cracks Jen up as I go to change the little man's diaper.

Finally, with all my doody duties complete, I sit on the bed to have some quality time with the J-Dawg. He's very alert and playful. We play a little Superman and I give him little kisses and make cooing noises at him. Suddenly, he regurgitates the formula he was just fed... into my mouth. Clearly, yesterday was not my day.

1 comment:

Blondie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!