1.19.2005

Texas on my mind

It's ungodly cold here. I think the warmest it's been in the past three days is 11 degrees. It's not any fun, and the heat's out in our building today. I'll be very excited to be going to Houston for the weekend. The forecast says it'll be in the 70's. I can't wait for that. I might just lose my mind when I step out of the airport into that kind of warmth.

I had a quickie job interview yesterday at a job open house for a financial company here in town. They made all of us fill out forms by hand and list the addresses for the last 5 jobs we've had. Who remembers that kind of stuff? Also our salaries from those jobs. (I made $24,000 in 1995. Cheap bastards.) I wanted to just say to them, "Hey, all the relevant stuff is on the resume."

Anyhow, I spoke with a couple of people who's openings I was overqualified for, or wildly unqualified for. After poking around the room a bit, I finally found a decent match. The job is to bring their outsourced intranet sites back in house. I haven't heard of a situation like that one in a long time. So that's the job I'm hoping for.

I've got a phone interview for another tech support job any minute now. I don't know that I want to do support again. It's hard and it's thankless. We'll have to see.

No comments: