1.23.2005

Spacesuit


Spacesuit, originally uploaded by nervda.

Thanks to the blizzard back in Boston, we're stranded here in Houston. There are much worse places to be stuck. So we're hanging out again with Will, and eating more Mexican food. I think we've had Mexican every single meal. Breakfast tacos are a brilliant thing. I had no idea!

We went to the Johnson Space Center yesterday. We took the big tour and everything. I'm still saddened by how our space program is stagnating. I could go on and on that Shuttle program is 70's technology at absurd prices. The new slogan at the center is "Failure is not an option." It seems like a pretty arrogant thing to say. It's not an option like something on menu, but it's something that's always a possibility. You can't pretend that is won't happen. Accepting the risk is part of the deal.

Today, I imagine that we will be accepting the risk of more Mexican food. I'm hoping to bring back some tamales.

No comments: