First, an aside to Tex: She's not gone. She's inside you now.
Now on with the post. I voted this morning steps from the stage where Kerry will make a speech tonight. Whether it is coronation stage, or a gallows, I do not know. Jen and I got there at 6:40AM. I was the twenty second person to vote in Boston's Precinct 9 Ward 5. By the time I left the polling place, there was a line around the block. I'd estimate at least 200 people by 7:15. I have a feeling that turnout is going to be very high this year.
My friend Joe thinks that high turnout will mean defeat for Bush, as all these people who are coming to the polls who didn't before are all there to register their displeasure. I'm very nervous, aren't you?
The above picture is actually of our precinct. If you could zoom out, the Mrs. and I would be on the far left. I remember the guy in the yellow coat with the video camera. Jen was complaining, as the photographer should not have been in the mezzanine area, she could zoom in and see who you voted for.
No comments:
Post a Comment