Let's stop and look at what I've been writing, shall we? I've been churning it out on a regular basis. Too many poems about cars, I think. I guess an hour each way to work will do that to you. It's like when I was in college, I once wrote 11 poems in a semester and 9 of them were about walking around at night. I wonder how many poems about trains I wrote when I used to ride the Green Line to the office.
Also, too many haikus. It's too easy to fall back on that when I'm in a rush.
I am making a pledge to not write any poems about cars, or any haikus for the next 30 poems. A tough challenge, but I think it'll make me really stretch more. I'll start... tomorrow. Seriously.
It's easy to set a negative goal, so to make things more interesting, I'll set some positive goals too: more characters, more dialogue, more rhyme and more robots in disguise. Well, maybe not the robot part.
11.16.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment