This Sunday, I will be running the Boston Half Marathon for the fourth consecutive time. It's one of my favorite races. The distance is challenging, but not terrifying. Training for a marathon really takes a mental, emotional and physical toll on you. Training for a half marathon, paradoxically, is way less than half as torturous.
I have absolutely no idea how I will do. All of my long runs (except for one) have been while pushing the J-Dawg and his 35 pound jogging stroller. My weekday runs have come at the office, where I've just been running out 15 minutes and then back. I don't know how much ground I am covering, as I'm running in the woods between an office park and a highway.
It's a spur of the Bay Circuit Trail. You feel like wildlife when you can't see pavement, cars or buildings when you're on a run. You have to take short zig zag steps when coming down the trail on hills to keep from falling. You take a hard right after the downhill and you feel like the General Lee accelerating out of a turn on a dusty Georgia road.
OK. Gotta go run now.
10.05.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment