3.25.2006

A Bucket of Coins

I'm notorious in my family for emptying my pockets of change just about anywhere. I've lived in apartments where you could find enough change in the sofa, tv stand, windowsill or coffee cup to get a pizza at any given time. Now that I'm attempting to be a responsible adult, we have a tea tin to collect our spare change.

I've never been one to pay for things in change. We've been using CoinStar for a few years now. It's an ATM like machine that takes your change and gives you cash back. They've got locations in the US, Canada and the UK. They generally take 8.9% as a counting fee. It's always been worth that to me, but now they've got an even better deal. At certain machines, you can get Amazon gift certificates for your spare change, and they will waive their counting fee. You can find a location near you at the Coinstar website. Look for "eCertificates".

No comments: