I went to the opening game of the NFL season last night. I watched the Patriots hang on to beat the Colts.
Before the game, there was lots of crazy hoopla. Elton John was there! Beyonce was there! Lenny Kravitz jumped out of a huge inflatible replica of the Super Bowl trophy. Seriously. Very weird.
The game was hard fought and very close. I'm told it was one of the loudest crowds in New England history. I suppose I'm jaded. I went to 4 years worth of Florida Gators' home games. It wasn't nearly as loud as Florida Field. At no point did my ears shut down as a defense mechanism. At no point did I feel the sound of the crowd vibrating in my breastbone. But it was loud enough to confuse the Colts' offense.
Strangest moment of the night was riding home on the commuter rail.
-Hey, is that Michael Dukakis?
-Nah, it must be a celebrity impersonator.
-I'm guessing you might starve trying to make a living as a Dukakis impersonator, dude.
-Good point.
It turns out that it really was Dukakis. He's a big fan of public transportation and he puts his money where his mouth is. Good work, Duke.
9.10.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment